Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

*Daddy/Daughter bonding time*

So the other day our upstairs toilet died on us. It was very old and had never been replaced since the house was built, so we knew it would happen eventually. Since Brett has been plumbing for 2 years now, he said that he would pick us up a toilet and install it himself and that we could call it my "Christmas present" for this year...oh what joy!! Summer was taking a nap while he was throwing out our old toilet, and I decided that this would be a good time for me to run to the grocery store. I asked Brett to listen out for her incase she woke up while I was gone. Needless to say she did wake up, but that didn't stop Brett from getting his work done - he just got her to be his little helper!!! I thought it was too cute that he had her down there with him, so we had to get a picture of her showing off the infamous "plumber's crack" :



I promise that this toilet was brand-new and clean, we took this photo shoot before the toilet was filled with water :) She just looks so thrilled to have been a part of this experience!

The other night I asked Brett to watch Summer so that I could get some Christmas shopping done. When I returned home, this is what I saw :


He had Summer propped up in her seat with a video controller and they were playing football!! I couldn't help but laugh because Summer just looked so mesmerized by what was going on. I've always said that I was going to have a real "girly girl" for a daughter, and I hope this doesn't foretell what is in my future - because if so then I'm in for it :)


Over the past several weeks, Summer has moved on to bigger and better things. She no longer likes her pacifier and wont take it at all anymore. She is now in awe of her two middle fingers. She tried out her thumb for about a day and didn't care for that much either, but those middle fingers are her new best friends. This is quite alright with me, because now I don't have to constantly pick up and wash paci's after she spits them out, nor do I have to go searching for them before leaving the house everytime we go somewhere! Life is good :)


Mmm Mmm!!!
I thought these next two pictures really displayed Summer's happy personality well. She brightens each and every one of my days with her smiling face and I couldn't imagine life without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment