Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Summer's first Thanksgiving!!

Thursday, November 26th was Summer's first Thanksgiving!! My uncle Harold and cousins Jordan and Austin came into town from Atlanta to spend the holiday with us. For Thanksgiving lunch we met my whole family at Cracker Barrell to celebrate. Here we are rocking outside while waiting for everyone to show up :

After lunch, we went up to my mom's property in St. Matthews to see her boyfriend Tim and ride their four-wheelers. Summer was way too little and the four-wheelers were too bumpy for her to ride on, so after we were done riding them Brett held her as Tim drove her around on his Polaris, which is alot like a golf cart.
This was Summer's first ride around the property. My mom and Tim's property is 24 acres with a pond and a little cabin that Tim lives in. Tim has been hard at work clearing trails for them to go riding on and for him to put deer stands up around. We were able to see all the progress that he has made around the land and it looks great!! I'm glad Summer was able to ride around and see it with us.


After we left St. Matthews, it was time to head to Chapin to Brett's aunt and uncle's house to eat Thanksgiving dinner. We go there every year for Thanksgiving, and it is one of the few times in the year that Brett's mom's side of the family is all together. Her side of the family is HUGE compared to my small family. The food is always delicious and we always have a good time. I didn't get any pictures over there this year because my camera died from taking pictures all day, but I will be sure to bring an extra battery next year!

My cousins and their girlfriends stayed at our house over the long weekend, and we had a blast hanging out and catching up with them. Friday night we went to Wild Wings and to see The Blind Side while my mom watched Summer for us. Saturday was the Carolina vs. Clemson game, and this was sure to be a heated debate since my whole family pulls for Clemson versus the one Carolina fan in the family, Brett. My Pop wanted all of us to come over and watch the game with him, so after a yummy breakfast at IHOP we all packed into his living room to watch the game.
Since Brett was the odd man out that day, he didn't get to have a say in what Summer was going to wear. Here she is in her Clemson attire : She's saying "I'm so happy to be a Tiger!"
This is during halftime when Clemson wasn't looking so good. She's telling her baby "It's okay, we still have the second half to pull through and win it."
Sadly, Clemson didn't have such luck this year, and Carolina beat them 34-17.... There's always next year Summer girl :)
My uncle and cousins left to go back home on Sunday, leaving us with memories of a wonderful first Thanksgiving for Summer. We had so much fun with both of our familys and we look foward to all of the Thanksgivings to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment