Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 25, 2009

Summer's first Christmas!!!

Today is Summer's very FIRST Christmas!!! This is so exciting because Christmas has always been my favorite holiday and I think back to how much my parents always did for me to make sure that each year was even more special than the last. I look foward to all the years ahead and carrying on the traditions that my parents always did with me.

These pictures were taken last night on Christmas Eve as Summer was getting ready for bed.

"I've been a good girl in my 3 short months here, so bring me lots of treats Santa!!"

This morning we went to Meme's house to eat lunch and open presents. Here is Meme with her two great -grandaughters on Christmas morning.
Meme loves her baby Summer so much, here she is stealing her kisses :)
Then it was time to open presents. At Meme's house, the rule is that everyone opens up their presents according to age, starting with the youngest and working its way up...Summer got to go first. The GIANT bag you see was filled to the top with goodies, all for Summer!

Our baby girl racked up this year!!! She got clothes, toys, diapers, wipes, and a newborn Cabbage Patch doll from her Meme and Grandaddy Mark...she now needs a second bedroom to put off her new stuff in!!
This year we made Meme a calender filled with pictures of Summer so that she could hang it up and she her baby everyday. Here she is opening it :

After visiting with Meme, we headed over to my grandparent's house for supper and to see all of my family. We were still stuffed from lunch so we didn't eat much, but we still had fun hanging out with everyone and catching up. My cousin Lindsay and her husband Michael suprised us and came down from their home in Charlotte to join us for Christmas dinner!! We haven't seen them in over 2 years, so it was nice to talk with them and catch up with all that has been going on.

This is a video of my uncle Harold as he got Summer cracking up at him on Christmas night...he really has the magic touch with her, Summer just eats him up :)

We had a perfect first Christmas with our daughter today. Spending time with her and our family is all that we could ask for, and we can't wait for all the fun times in the years ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment