Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

* The best gifts of all are priceless memories *

This past Wednesday, I woke up in the middle of the night to a bad stomach bug. I was so sick and I knew that I wasn't going to be able to take care of Summer that day and I definitely didn't want to pass it on to her. So Brett called his cousin Dana and she so kindly offered to keep Summer for the day so that I could rest and get over it. Brett works for Dana's husband Jason and he goes to their house every morning anyways, so he just dropped Summer off as they was heading out for the day. I was so appreciative that Dana took such good care of my baby for the whole day because I know she's a super busy woman having 3 children of her own!!

I started feeling better that night once Summer came home, and I was completely better by Thursday morning. Summer, thank the Lord did not get the stomach bug and she has been as happy as can be.

Today I went to work for the first time since Summer was born. Since I work at a children's dentist, a lot of parents try to get their kids in to get work done during their time off from school, so I offered to help out over the Christmas break. My mom came over to my house to take care of Summer while I was at work. I was a little bummed out driving to work this morning because I'm not used to being away from Summer and I missed her really bad. I enjoyed seeing the girls that I work with and catching up with them, but I was so ready to get home and hug my Summer girl :)

Brett got home shortly after I did and he handed me a photo album full of pictures that Dana had taken while she watched Summer for me earlier this week. I had no idea that she had taken any pictures, and I was speechless at what a nice gesture this was. I immediately started to tear up looking at the pictures, they were all so beautiful!! I couldn't have asked for a better present, and I will cherish these forever.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment