Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 9, 2010

*Baby it's cold outside*

This past week hasn't been very eventful. It has been WAY too cold to go out and do much, so for the most part Summer and I have been playing around the house all week and trying to stay warm :)

Even when staying indoors we still know how to have a good time! Here is my Summer girl playing away :



Summer has recently learned how to make new noises with her mouth. Her favorite is to blow on her bottom lip and make "pooting" noises. It is so funny to hear a little baby do this and I can't help but laugh!! She thinks it's funny too because she'll start laughing afterwards and then continue on "pooting" away. I have recorded her doing this several times, but it sounds so un-lady like that I decided not to put them up. Here are a couple pictures of Summer being silly and making new sounds :

She surely is a unique individual and can entertain herself for hours. Since I was an only child for 10 years, I was exactly the same way - so we know where she gets it from!!


Summer and I did have to get out a few times to take care of my grandparents and to pick Aunt Kara up from school, so I made sure that she was extra bundled up for the occasion. Aunt Victoria lended us this carseat cover to use this winter and it is AWESOME. It is made out of thick fleece and corduroy and wraps around the entire carseat. After putting Summer in, I can zip it up and pull down the flap over her head and it completely keeps the cold air out!

"I all warm and cozy now, let's hit the road!!!"


Summer has also become a little piggy recently! She knew right away how to eat from a spoon, so there wasn't much to get used to with that. We have always let Summer sit with us while we are eating and she has always watched us intently as we do so, so I think she was just waiting for us to finally offer her some :)
After eating plain cereal for a week, we have now started introducing stage 1 fruits and vegetables into her cereal to get her used to different textures and flavors. Right now Summer is not a big fan of vegetables. We will keep trying and I hope she will learn to love them eventually...I'll keep everyone updated on how that goes!!
However, she is a huge fan of fruits - bananas in particular!! She literally sucks the whole bowl down within minutes. When I take the spoon away from her to get more she fusses, but as soon as she sees the spoon full of bananas coming towards her she starts to squeal and giggle with delight! It is too funny.
I took this video of Summer and her daddy last night after eating a big bowl of cereal and bananas, she was one happy girl! Here they are playing and giggling :


1 comment:

  1. Too precious! Love this! Summer is such a happy, healthy, beautiful baby! Such a blessing you all have!

    ReplyDelete