Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

*Summer's First Snow*

Friday, February 12th marked the first time that Summer had seen snow. This was a big deal, seeing how we live in the south and only have a good snowfall every few years, and that's if we're lucky!! I was watching Ethan and Cannon at their house like I do every Friday, and around 3:30 we looked out the widow and saw that it had started snowing!!! Jason came home early and told me that I should head home in case it started to stick, so that's what we did. We made it home safely just as the snow really started to stick to the ground. Brett had to work late, so we decided to stay inside and keep warm for the night. I opened up all of the blinds and Summer and I just sat in the living room and watched the snow fall. It was soo beautiful!!!

These pictures are a little bit out of order, but here is our "family" snowman that Brett made for us. He had to go back out to work on Saturday morning, so he wasn't really able to get out in the snow until it had almost melted. I'm just glad that he was able to make Summer her first snow man since I had to stay inside with her and keep her warm the whole weekend.

Here is a picture of Summer's first snowman :




I told Brett that you know you're southern when you use palm tree branches as the snowman's arms!!! I wish I had a hawaiian shirt and hat to put on him!!

Our little family and snowman :

Before Brett had to go back to work on Saturday morning, we took Summer out for a few minutes to enjoy her first snow. She LOVED looking at everything all pretty and white, but as soon as her hands touched the snow, she was taken by suprise and freaked out a little.

Here I am trying to calm her down from her startling and frozen encounter :
My little snow-bunny
"Daddy, what is all of this white and fluffy stuff and where did it come from??"

Daddy's girl

Me and my baby girl :)

Going out early this morning, Summer was thinking. "Why are we doing this soo early, I'm not even awake yet!!!"

We only took her out in the snow for about 5 minutes this whole weekend, Brett just wanted to see her out in the snow before it all melted away. I hate that he wasn't able to experience it with her as much as he wanted, but at least we had this morning together.
This next picture was from last night after the snow had been falling for several hours. It is crazy how fast it all accumulated!! We got a total of 8 inches, the most I have ever seen in my life!! Here is our backyard :

No comments:

Post a Comment