Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We're waiting...very (im)patiently....

I haven't updated in awhile, but will try to start doing better now that the big day will be anytime now. The past few months have seemed to fly by while dragging on at the same time. We just can't wait to finally meet our baby girl, and Brett can't wait for me to stop complaining!!

I started my maternity leave a week ago after finding out at my doctor's appointment that my blood pressure was elevated and that Summer was measuring 2 weeks behind schedule. The doctor said it wasn't much to worry about, just that Summer was going to be little like her mom and dad, and that I needed to try and make it as close to my due date as possible so that she had the opportunity to put on as much weight as she can. I didn't want to go out of work this soon, but I am now appreciating that I did since this will be my last little bit of alone time for years to come! I have been able to get the house fully cleaned and prepared for Miss Summer and have also enjoyed attempting to catch up on sleep and just relaxing.

Brett has been soo good in listening to me complain about how uncomfortable I am and giving me a daily back/foot rub in hopes to hear me whine just a little bit less :) I have officially caused him to become sleep deprived. Along with me getting up to use the bathroom every 15 minutes, I can no longer find a comfortable position to sleep in, therefore I toss and turn for hours. He told me the other day that he was moving into the guest bedroom. I felt so awful for keeping him up at night and I immediately started praying that we wouldn't become an old married couple at only 22... I'll keep everyone posted on how this goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment